Thanks for visiting the Carnival of Family Life. I really like the idea of this carnival because it focuses on one of the most important things in my life; my family. Sit back and relax as you read some wonderful, insightful posts.
- Robin presents If You Can’t Find It posted at The Life Without School Community Blog.
- Scott Palat presents 6 Tips for Success in School posted at TutorFi.com.
Family Cooking & Recipes
- Christy Jordan presents How To Make Chocolate Cobbler posted at Southern Plate. “Growing up, we enjoyed this dessert about once a week,” Christy explains. “I always thought it was because everyone liked it so much, but, according to Mama, the frequency had more to do with it being so quick, easy, and budget-friendly. Generally, most folks will have the ingredients on hand — you don’t even need an egg!“
- Jen presents Pizza party posted at The Chronicles Of Windy Ridge, offering a recipe for a “perfect family activity.”
Family Crafts and Activities
- HowToMe presents How To Make a Bib from a Hand Towel posted at HowToMe, a clever way to make a “bib that lasts for generations.”
- The Smarter Wallet presents Blu-Ray DVD Player Review: Pros and Cons posted at The Smarter Wallet, explaining that “deciding whether to get a blu-ray dvd player for family entertainment turned out to be a family decision” and suggesting some factor to consider before purchasing a blu-ray unit.
- Super Saver presents Memories and Traditions posted at My Wealth Builder.
- Susan Gaissert presents Twenty-Two Dollars and Seventy Cents posted at The Expanding Life, “about my favorite place in town: the thrift store.”
- JHS presents Signs of the Times: No One Escapes the Economic Crisis at Colloquium.
- Jen presents Consider the ravens posted at The Chronicles Of Windy Ridge, discussing how her family is struggling in light of current economic conditions.
- Greg Laden presents The natural basis for gender inequality posted at Greg Laden’s Blog.
- Lauren Rose presents Secrets of Keeping to the Family Budget posted at No Debt Anymore.org. “Making your money work for you is the ultimate goal of any budget,” according to Lauren. “Financial problems usually arise due to a lack of proper budgeting skills, or a failure to adhere to a budget.”
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents 21 Deal Sites and Online Tools To Help You Save Money posted at The Digerati Life, discussing “some of the best deal sites that enable you to save money when shopping for your family.”
- Dana J. presents Five Ways to Save on Your Kids’ Hobbies posted at The Family Wallet.
- Jeonard Cook presents Finding Phone Numbers for Free – Are these Services for Real? posted at How to Find Phone Number.
Family Health and Wellness
- Aparna presents Home remedies for painful menstruation posted at Beauty and Personality Grooming.
- Peter Garant presents Holmes Humidifier Reviews posted at Humidifier Reviews, explaining that “humidity in the home is very important since dry air is the main cause of an irritated throat.”
- Alvaro Fernandez presents Brain Fitness Update: Best of 2008 posted at SharpBrains, a guest post from neuroscientist Torkel Klingberg, author of The Overflowing Brain: Information Overload and the Limits of Working Memory, the most important book of 2008, according to Alvaro.
- Aparna presents Basil has anti-ageing properties posted at Beauty and Personality Grooming. “Holy Basil (Tulsi) has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine and home remedies to treat colds, fevers, coughs, skin diseases and provide relief of eyelid inflammation and itching,” Aparna writes. “It’s also used in face-packs and an effective for acne treatment.”
- Raymond presents MonaVie Acai Berry Juice Scam posted at Money Blue Book.
- GrrlScientist presents A Doggy Christmas Surprise posted at Living the Scientific Life, suggesting that “dog lovers will especially enjoy this video even, though the holidays are over.”
Family Relationships and Self-Improvement
- Ane Fallarme presents Lucas At 10 Months: The Difference between a Boy and a Girl posted at Life According to Me.
- Xquisitlife presents Never let go of your dreams! posted at The best is yet to come!, discussing “how to achieve success by pursuring your dreams with passion.”
- Isaac Yassar presents Manage Your Anger posted at Isaac Yassar.com.
- Clara Myers presents Support Teams and Goals posted at Mind Mart, offering a “strategy for achieving your resolutions.”
- Catherine Eagleson presents Puzzles on the Move posted at Crosswords For Fun. “Puzzles are a perfect activity to take on a family holiday,” Catherine says. “They are fun for everyone and educational for the kids who continue to learn even when not in school, as well as great time-fillers.”
Parenting Tips and Advice
- Ruth McLean presents Motivated Moms Scheduler posted at But First, We Have Coffee.
- Kevin presents Teaching Kids How to Resolve Conflicts posted at More4kids.
Click here to submit your family-related posts for next Monday, January 12, 2009′s edition of the Carnival. The guidelines and other information about the Carnival are available here. Would you like to host a future edition? The hosting schedule can be viewed here. Then drop a line advising which week you would like the Carnival to visit your site.
Why I do what I do ~ When Chloe sings her “ABCs” she says … T U B (instead of V). It’s so cute.Have you liked Domestic Cents on Facebook yet?