When I force myself out of bed in the morning I hate it. I’m not in a good mood and I don’t want to open my eyes all the way, much less have a conversation. However, there one thing I love about getting up early. On mornings like today when the fog is thick (we live near a large river) I get to witness the sun burning off the fog and drenching the landscape with its golden rays while I sip my coffee. It captivates me every time.
Here are a few mentions and some great reads. Enjoy your weekend!
- I was an Editor’s Pick in the Money Hacks Carnival this week, hosted over at Moolanomy!
- I was also included in the Festival of Frugality hosted at Modern Tightwad.
- Congrats to Living Well On Less on celebrating your one-year blogging annoversary!
- My Journey To Millions is celebrating their one-year blogging anniversary too! Congrats!
- Rachel at Small Notebook finished her No Spend Month. Head over there to see what she learned.
- Head over to Building Camelot to see how to cook a Morton’s quality steak at home. I would be floored if my hubby took the initiative to make a fancy meal at home for me for date night. Men – take note.
- Clever Dude wrote about the high cost of disposable razor cartridges. I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks these things are wildly over-priced.
- Dough Roller had a post that I think everyone should read about planning a low cost funeral. It’s easier to think about these things when you don’t need to.
- Vintage Mommy wrote about how she likes having simpler hair. She has a frugal haircut and she loves it!
- Beth at Smart Family Tips share a little more about their quest to eat better and how she chooses organic food.
- Sara wrote about putting an end to all or nothing thinking over at On Simplicity. I think she wrote it for me.
Why I do what I do ~ The other day I was feeling a little crummy and I was laying down. Chloe was “taking care of me.” She was sitting next to me, patting my head, when she said, “It’s OK Mommy, just go to sleep and all your dreams will come true.” I think I felt better instantly.