I tried out a new frugal tool this week that I’m excited to share with you!
For a few years now I’ve been using my Menu Plan/Grocery List Calculator in Google Docs for my grocery list each week. I really love having an idea of how much I’m about to spend before I even go into the store. It helps me plan well and stick closely to my budget.
Well, recently my husband and I decided to join the world of smartphones (more on that soon). One of the first things I did was search for a grocery list app and that’s when I came across Out of Milk.
I’ve used it for one big trip and I’ve been toying with it since then. The Out of Milk site describes their app as “an easy-to-use and intuitive Shopping List, To-Do List and Pantry List app that can be as simple or as detailed as you’d like.” When I downloaded the app I began using it right away. I didn’t have to take time to figure it out. It was very intuitive. Here are some things I loved about it:
- It was easy to add items to the list and predictive text was spot on.
- You can add the unit price and then the coupon amount for each item.
- It has a bar code scanner so I could scan items in my kitchen and it added them!
- It keeps a running total of what you add to the list.
- As you shop, you can easily strike through items as you put them in the cart.
- As you strike through each item, it keeps a total of how much you’ve spent.
- The next time you make a list and add a previously added item, it remembers the unit price!
- I can share the list with my husband. It will text or email your shopping list to anyone, or if they sign up for the app you can just share the list with them that way.
- It’s free and can be used on iPhone, Android or your computer!
I am so excited about this new grocery shopping tool! I love when I find new ways to accomplish my goals. This app also has more features that I haven’t even tried yet – like a pantry list and a to-do list.
Please share – do you use this or another app that helps make mindful spending easier and maybe even fun?
This post is not sponsored or endorsed by Out Of Milk. This is an unpaid, unbiased review of a product I use and recommend.
Why I do what I do ~
Chloe: “Mom, do we need a new car?”
Chloe: “Then we should be going on ‘The Price Is Right.’”
Have you liked Domestic Cents on Facebook yet?