Tips, Tools & Resources
Looking for some tips, tricks and ideas to give you a little boost in frugal living?
Quick Tips & Tricks
- Sliced Pepperoni ~ Don’t buy the pillow packs.
- Use An Electric Knife ~ The best way to slice homemade bread.
- Single-Serve Leftovers ~ Have one serving of leftovers that no one wants anymore? Freeze the single portion for a go-to meal for one.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning ~ Don’t have a seasoning packet? No worries, you can make your own.
- Homemade Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup ~ You don’t need the can. You can make it yourself!
- Wash Your Shower Curtain Liner ~ No need to continue buying new ones, just wash the old one in your washing machine.
- 30 Things I Do Daily To Spend Less Money ~ 30 boring, every day things that make a difference.
- Freezing Ground Beef ~ Freeze it flat so that when it thaws it thaws more evenly and quicker.
- Softening Butter In A Hurry ~ Does your recipe call for softened butter but all yours is in the fridge? Try this trick!
Tools & How-To’s
- Printable Menu Plan, Grocery List & Calculator ~ Make your list, plan your meals and have an idea of what it will cost you. I use this every week.
- Make Extra Money Selling Baked Goods ~ Your guide to selling home baked goods from your kitchen.
- Ingredient Substitutions ~ Don’t have an ingredient you need for a recipe? You may be able to replace it. Check this list!
- How To Make Homemade Bread ~ You can do it!!
- Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness ~ The book that changed our outlook on money and finances.
- YNAB ~ You Need A Budget. This is the budgeting software we use in our home.